Alzheimer’s Disease Care
Having a loved one suffering with Alzheimer’s can be particularly challenging and frustrating.
Alzheimer’s Disease is the most common type of Dementia, with over 5 million Americans coping with this disease. One in nine older Americans are diagnosed with some form of Alzheimer’s, with close to two thirds being women.
Helplessly watching a loved one struggle with Alzheimer’s Disease is often one of the hardest things a person can experience. It causes a steady decline in memory, thinking and behavior severe enough to interfere with everyday living and impact their quality of life. Often the changes caused by Alzheimer’s are substantial and worsen with age. Everyday tasks like eating, bathing, and dressing can become major challenges for them, and they may even fail to recognize close relatives. Painful as some behaviors are to experience, it’s critical to their well being to have someone who can provide the kind of personal care and attention they need.
Enlisting the care of Golden Age Caregivers, LLC in-home senior care professionals experienced and trained in Alzheimer care, is an extremely important step you can take to respond to the expanding needs of your loved one. We help support your loved one with various daily activities such as:
- Mental Stimulation – Our caregivers attempt to keep cognitive levels sharp by playing memory games, puzzles and through constant communication.
- Meal Preparation – Our caregivers can help prepare meals and address dietary concerns such as allergies, diabetes, etc.
- Locomotion – If Alzheimer’s has affected their ability to walk or stand our caregivers can help provide assistance with various locomotive tasks: all types of exercise.
- Activity – Our caregivers are adept at keeping clients with Alzheimer’s more active with various daily activities which helps reduce agitation and wandering.
- Decrease Stress – Our caregivers can help decrease stress by providing the attention and care a person needs to help cope with Alzheimer’s
- Continuity – Our caregivers can help your loved one keep a sense of structure and familiarity by providing care in their own home, where they feel safe and less threatened.
Golden Age Caregivers, LLC knows the importance of how providing a caring and nurturing environment helps someone cope with Alzheimer’s Disease. Our caregivers are devoted to restoring the sense of dignity and independence people suffering with Alzheimer’s often lose.
If you have a loved one suffering with Alzheimer’s Disease, contact Golden Age Caregivers, LLC at 561-613-3346 and ask how our caregivers can start making a difference in your loved one’s life and help restore the balance they so desperately need.